Pakistan Evaluation Association
Pakistan Evaluation Association (PEA) is a voluntary association to promote evaluation across Pakistan at national and sub national levels. PEA, as a professional body, promotes the culture of transparency and accountability through Evaluation in government, private sector and civil society.
The existence and establishment of PEA came into being to fill the gap with adoption and inculcation of international evaluation standards among evaluators. Subsequently, to prepare and launch young and emerging evaluators at the mainstream, those who receive minimal education and guidance on the subject from their respective academic institutions.
Being an active Voluntary Organization Promoting Evaluation (VOPE), in a very small tenure PEA established itself well at the national level. Being one of the most active evaluation associations in the country and region, PEA established and created its presence at various regional and global events in a short span of time.
At PEA, we believe that evaluation can contribute into the development of country. We advocate, aware and provide sustainable solutions to the government and private sector actors involved and engaged in development related interventions in the country.
An epic and momentous institution advocating and setting standards of high quality for the sub-national, national, regional and global level evaluations in public, development, humanitarian and private sectors.
PEA mission is to create an enabling environment for evaluation across the country, and to foster evidence based M&E research to cater national policy development gaps in the country through evaluations.
The objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To advance the theory, practice, use, and institutions of development evaluation;
- To advocate and promote the use of evaluation in the Pakistan; organizations and countries.
- To promote transparent and accountable governance in the Pakistan;
- To promote research and development for the advancement of development evaluation;
- To promote knowledge sharing and provide education and training in matters related to development evaluation; and
- To undertake actions on any other matters consistent with the foregoing objectives.